Certified Veterinary Technician
Arizona state certified Veterinary Technician. Associates degree from Pima Medical Institute. Less than 1 year clinical experience. Intelligent with great work ethic and integrity.
Felicia Pemberton CVT
10589 N. Camino De La Tierra, Tucson, AZ 85742
(520) 909-0005, email@example.com
Arizona board certified veterinary technician seeking permanent, full-time position with an equine/large animal, small animal or mixed practice veterinary clinic or hospital. I believe my strong work ethic, loyalty, honesty, professionalism, and dedication to the welfare of animals would be beneficial to any veterinary practice.
- Take animals into treatment areas and assist with physical examinations by performing such duties as obtaining temperature, pulse, and respiration data
- Prepare treatment rooms for surgery, Placing IV Catheters, Set up and maintain anesthesia machine and monitor patients during anesthetic procedures
- Perform a variety of office, clerical, and accounting duties
- Clean wounds and apply dressings to wounds; remove stitches and staples, Clean kennels, animal holding areas, surgery suites, and examination rooms to control the spread of disease
- Perform dental work such as cleaning and polishing teeth
- Administer emergency first aid such as performing emergency resuscitation or other lifesaving procedures
- Assist the veterinarian with surgery including handing of instruments and materials aseptically to the doctor.
- Monitor the recovery of patients during and after surgery.
- Take and develop diagnostic radiographs using x-ray equipment
- Venipuncture for diagnostic testing, CBC, and organ function screening
- Clean and sterilize instruments, equipment, and materials
- Perform laboratory tests on blood, urine, and feces, such as urinalyses and blood counts.
- Assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health problems
Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology, Pima Medical Institute, Tucson, AZ - 2012
Veterinary Assisting Certificate Program, Pima Medical Institute, Tucson, AZ – 2011
Equine Veterinary Technician Certificate Program, AAEVT - 2013 to present
Volunteer Vet Experience:
Escalante Springs Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation, Tucson, AZ, 2013 - Present
Hoofprints of the Heart, Marana, AZ, 2012 – 2013
Casa de los Gatos, Tucson, AZ, 2008 – 2012
Oracle Road Pet Clinic, Oro Valley, AZ, 2012
Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson, Tucson, AZ, 2011