Learning Supports Coordinator Grade/Subject/Education/Business
Dedicated and passionate teacher with six-years of teaching experience in the public school district, grades K-12. Business owner for 40 years, retail sales, marketing, entertainment business management, recording audio, midi, automotive, allowing for successful implementation of adaptable management skills in the classroom. Adept at motivating, connecting and developing student learning abilities, assessment, facilitating, and committed to optimizing both multiple diverse student cultures and school success through motivation and high expectations. Core Competencies
Â— Classroom Management
Â— Creative Unit Planning
Â— Curriculum Mapping
Â— Lesson Planning
Â— Bi-lingual, Facilitator, Assessment, Team player
Â— Musical Training & Instruction 40 years experience
Â— Short & Long term Formative & Summative Assessments
Â— Organization & Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Â— Problem Resolution, Microsoft Office, online learning
· Other learning methods such as the Kodály & Orff Methods incorporating rhythm syllables by chanting, and the Orff Method emphasizing the voice and body by singing, chanting talking or playing rhythm and rhymes, clapping, dancing and keeping a beat on anything near at hand. These instincts are directed into learning music by hearing and making music first, then reading and writing it later.
· Two years of administrative training in leadership classes.
· Post-Bachelor in Elementary & Secondary Education, in music as a highly qualified and certified K-12 teacher.
· Masters of Leadership in Education.
· Preparing to test for the Leadership Administrative position as a Certified Principal in Education, with experience in a variety of administrative and staff support duties, including the administrative process using discipline, and social behavior problems with students and professional development for utilizing 21st century technology in the classroom.
· Directing and assisting parents and resolving administrative problems and inquiries
· Management of business in entertainment, Music Business, artistic management, record-label production, music publishing, entertainment law, music contracting, and/or promotions, marketing & retail operations and special projects
· Proficient in the following technologies:
o PC’s and Macs, including the full Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
o Professional recording music sequencing hardware and software with Pro Tools, Cakewalk, Sonar, garage band and mastering radio ready engineering with Wavelab in the recording industry with graphic development, midi and audio with video recording and mastering of analog and digital recording. Equipment set-up lighting, visual effects.
· Live, professional stage performances, booking management, contracts, as an entertainer/ musician for over 40 years
· 40 years experienced entrepreneur in running a business, teaching private music lessons with theory and instrumental music, voice, piano, guitar, rhythm and lead, strings, percussion, dance, general music, electronic, sequencing, midi, audio and mastering software and hardware.
06/2013 – 06/2014 Toltec School District K-8
08/2010 - 05/2013 Litchfield School District K-5
10/2007 - 05/2009 Roosevelt School District K-8
01/2005 - 05/2007 Custom Car Center LLC,
09/2001 - 09/2004 Women’s Empowerment Partnership Construction, Inc.
02/1975-03/2012 Highrise Entertainment Booking, Educational Services and Recording
Education & Credentials
Northcentral University - Masters of Education with a specialization in Educational Leadership
Rio Salado College - Post-Bachelor of Education in Elementary and Secondary Education, Music K-12 endorsement and ESL endorsement.
University of Phoenix - Bachelor of Science in Business/Information Systems
Pima Community College - Music Education & Business Administration Pima Community College - Business Management with supervisor skills. Certified in Restaurant management.